About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Macker
Hi, I'm Jennifer from Southern California. I'm a creative soul who loves thrift stores, spray paint, DIY projects, and giving old things new life. I'm on a mission to find a new purpose for things and making them more beautiful than they once were.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Shadowbox Vintage Keys



After seeing this beauty online, 
(from Amy over at Mod Podge Rocks)

I was
instantly inspired to replicate
it using some stuff
I already had around the house!
...

I dusted off my shadow box and gathered 
together all my vintage keys.
...
I took out the glass, and the fabric 
backing so I had
only the surface I wanted to paint
exposed.
...
After a few coats of primer


and a few coats of
my new favorite Martha Stewart
paint in Ducks Egg,
I was ready to sand & distress.



After wiping it down, I reattached the 
mirror and padded inside piece.
...
I used sewing pins to hang my
vintage keys and
decided to hang them in
order from longest to shortest.
...
My initial inspiration photo shows
the keys painted and some
scrapbook paper
mod podged in the background,
but I decided to leave
mine simple and
the keys in their original state.
...
Hope you like my afternoon project.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out
and even more so
that I found the perfect spot for it!
(love when that happens!)


Happy repurposing!
~jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio