About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Macker
Hi, I'm Jennifer from Southern California. I'm a creative soul who loves thrift stores, spray paint, DIY projects, and giving old things new life. I'm on a mission to find a new purpose for things and making them more beautiful than they once were.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Grandpa's Bookcase #2 Makeover

Just wanted to share a 
quick project I did this afternoon...


I am once again reunited with
one of my Grandfather's
bookcases and couldn't be more happier! 
...
When I began teaching, he
gave me four bookcases and
this one in
particular has been in a few
of my homes, then
in my mom's, and now back with me!
...
Hence, it needed a little love
to bring back it's charm.
...

First, I used my MOST favorite
tool for spray painting and
I highly recommend 
you get one for yourself.

The Rustoleum trigger sprayer. 
The best invention ever! Saves your fingers 
and gives a much more
even coverage.


(about $6 at Home Depot)

I gave the bookcase two
coats of primer, then two coats of a wonderful
yellow, Summer Squash in satin finish,
by Rustoleum.


Sanded a bit for a distressed look and voila!
I'm super excited to have 
another piece of
my grandpa with me.
I think he'd be proud... a little
repurposed charm.



~jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio