About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Macker
Hi, I'm Jennifer from Southern California. I'm a creative soul who loves thrift stores, spray paint, DIY projects, and giving old things new life. I'm on a mission to find a new purpose for things and making them more beautiful than they once were.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Thrift Store Lamps Makeover

Something I've been wanting to do
for awhile now - a
thrift store lamp makeover.
...
I've been on the hunt for some old
lamps for quite awhile and
knew I'd find just
"the right ones" with time and
when I did happen to find
"the right ones"... I'd know it.
...
Well, last weekend, I knew it.
I had found them.
They were sitting amidst a bazillion of 
mismatched, dusty old lamps, practically
calling out my name.
I answered and here's what I came up with
 in just a few short hours this
past weekend.
...
I'm smitten.

 (be sure to cover and tape up the parts you
 don't want the spray paint to hit - plastic zip bags and
painter's tape work well)


 (I was hesitant to try such a pastel color, but I wanted an aqua and you get less choice
when you opt for spray paint. I most definitely wanted spray paint for the smooth and easy coverage.)


 (the color is definitely not pastel at all, so I'm quite pleased with the outcome. love.)

The best part is they remind me of the lamps my parents had
when I was little, shiny gold and all. 
Now, I can appreciate the similar
shape, yet with an updated, repurposed look.

~jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio